Re and the M&C Saatchi Group were appointed to Brand Australia from a recorded 60 global agencies initially responding to the Brand Australia Request for Proposal.
Our idea was a play on the language of the corporate world, where everything, it seems, is Limited.
But Australian companies, and indeed the country itself, are anything but.
Shifting the reputation of Australia will take years, not months.
What we do know is that the identity was tested amongst key stakeholders and target audiences in 15 key markets prior to winning the pitch. The results demonstrated that the positioning and identity gave Australia the best opportunity to extend its global brand footprint and close the reputational gap.
Since the brand was launched in May 2010 in Sydney, it has been increasingly deployed globally:
• May 2010: Shanghai World Expo.
• June-July 2010: FIFA World Cup, South Africa.
• September 2010: China International SME Fair, Guangzhou.
• September 2010: Australialive, London.
• October 2010: Commonwealth Games, Delhi.